The history of Coffee Blend starts somewhere around 1922. Chris Samourkas comes to Athens from Istanbul and opens a coffee shop called Mocca, in 44 Athinas street, in the heart of the Athens food market. Some years later and with the help of his nephew Dimitris Apostolidis they open a new shop in 19 Sofokelous street. More shops follow all around Greece.

In 1950 Dimitrios Apostolidis and Theodor Samourkas - son of Chris Samourkas- create BRAVO coffee, the coffee that changed the standards in the Greek coffee market. BRAVO coffee becomes a leader in packaged coffee and the retail shops all around are sold in order to concentrate in the wholesale business. BRAVO coffee gains 85% of the Greek coffee market in the years to come.

In 1995, BRAVO is sold to SaraLee a multinational company. The two initial coffee shops remain in the Apostolidis family and change their name to Coffee Blend (19 Sofokleous str) and Mokka (44 Athinas strt)

The grandchildren of Dimitrios Apostolidis continue the family tradition by still offering top quality fresh and packaged coffee to the customers of these two retail shops.

Home About us Coffee history Coffee beans Roasting & Grinding Coffee Preparation
Our products Recipes Coffee Language News Order Contact us
© Copyright 2003 COFFEE BLEND, Created and maintained by